Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good vibes

I have found a private Behavioural Therapist who can start seeing Ben right away. She came highly recommended and I felt like I clicked with her right away over the phone. I am excited to meet her in person and for Ben to meet her too. I know there is not a lot she can help us with before the baby comes, but it's a start!

All the wait lists are frustrating because as a Mom who wants the absolute best for her son, I get overwhelmed with this helpless, spinning of the wheels feeling. At least by having a private speech pathologist and now a private behavioural therapist, at least we can continue moving forward while we wait. So, hurray!

On another note, I had the chance to watch Ben and his new best pal interact and play together. It brought tears to my eyes. His little friend saw me bring him into the daycare one morning (I was later than usual, because I normally do not see him) and yelled out "BEN!!" and came running over. He gave Ben a big hug. I was floored, under usual circumstances, Ben would have pushed the child away because I was there, instead Ben hugged back. After my good-bye kisses Ben and his pal went running to play together giggling like crazy at each other. It was AMAZING. At that moment my heart was so full, I thought to myself, Ben is going to completely kick autism's ass!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Jen... I'm sorry that you are on this tough journey. But how awesome that you got some hope today! You can only look for those moments and use them as strength to move forward. I'm praying for you. You are the perfect Mommy for Ben!