Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A breakthrough!

Ben has made a friend at Daycare!

Over the past 2.5 years Ben has generally been either indifferent or aggressive with the other children at the daycare. However in the last 3 days, Ben has made a little friend and they have been inseparable on the playground - playing chase and laughing like crazy. The teachers have been so excited to tell me how much fun Ben and this little guy have been having all week. I am so thrilled by this, it brings tears to my eyes! O how I wish I could see this in person. I might have to bail on work early one of these lovely days and go spy. When Mummy is around, he is so focused on me that he ignores everyone else. I will have to be a very stealth Mummy in order to catch a glimpse of this new interaction. How very Jane Goodall of me...

This is an exciting and very promising step forward in Ben's progress and I am overjoyed!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

You have a blog! Cool... I'm going to sign up and catch up on your stories! From the first couple I see... me thinks we have much in common! BOYS! LOL! Nice to see you on here.