Friday, July 31, 2009

From Good to GREAT!

This past Tuesday Ben stayed home from Daycare with Mummy and met with the Behavioural Therapist who had come so highly recommended. Ben adored her immediately! So much so, that I felt a twinge of concern that some of his challenges would not come through on the visit. No worries there. As soon as Mummy and the therapist sat down to chat, Ben began the usual ear piercing screaming to try to divert Mummy's attention back to him.

The therapist spent about 2 hours with us, we talked, we played (she brought a game with ducks that Ben loved her even MORE for) and we discussed strategies for helping Ben adjust to the new baby on the way. We will be monitoring and recording Ben's behaviour over the next couple of weeks and from there a plan will be developed for Ben. I am eager to learn and implement.

I have a really good feeling about this new relationship and I am certain the therapy will be a success for both Ben and me.

No comments: