Wow, it has been a long time since I have posted. I underestimated how busy life is with 2 children! Miss Rachel is already a year old and has been a busy bee from birth! Ben smothers her with love one moment and then knocks her to the ground the next. It's a process. We are trying to teach him that using Rachel (by hitting or pushing her) to get attention is not acceptable. We have our good days and bad. That's a phrase we can use for most every situation... How is toilet training going? How is the IBI therapy going? How is be interacting with kids at daycare? How is he sleeping? All questions can be answered with "we have our good days and bad days". I have been focussed on living for those good days and leaving the bad ones behind!
Ben starts school on the 20th. One week later than all the other kids. A big trigger for Ben is other children crying and chaotic situations. The teacher and I agreed that giving the other kids a week to adjust to the JK routine would make it a little more peaceful for Ben's first day. Ben's teacher is kind, disciplined and familiar with kids on the spectrum, as is Ben's EA. I am very hopeful about the upcoming school year!
More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment